Beiträge von Rodrigo Dias

Hello TRT! OK!

Thanks a lot for the infos!!

So I have also heard here about this 2016 upgrade that the factory should be working on!

I found a part number on the web they say in some sites that should fit the 8S with the PR 7UG, that is 8V0.051.884.BL, for the 2017 models...

As it seems impossible to retrofit the navigation in my oem non hdd 5F unit, I have upgraded it for one that has already a HDD and SIM card built in unit.

Yes I am checking with my local dealer, bur the problem is all dealers I have talked to, over the world (U.K., Australia, United States, some EU countries like Portugal and France and Germany also) knows very little about navigation!!

And that Audi AG info is very confused indeed! My car is a 2015 ...

So I am full aware that it is truly sick shit (lol) but as I said before I just doing this for the fun of it! You know that feeling of making something everybody said it was impossible!!

Thanks again!!

Cheers!! ;)

Rodrigo

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Hello Neven! Your answer was quick. Sure! Just send it ! My second 5F unit was used before, but legally bought. The CP was removed on the Audi Dealer. I have also the VIN of the "doner" : TRUAFBFV0F1012191

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Hallo Neven und TRT, vergeben mein Kindengarden Deutsch ! Hallo nach Österreich ! Ich weiß nicht, ob mein TT die Connectivity - Paket hat, ich weiß es nur die PR 7UH hat. Vielleicht nicht , weil es keine SIM -Karten-Slot auf der 5F Einheit!

Ich denke auch, das Problem im Zusammenhang mit Software ist!

vielen herzlichen Dank!

mvG
    Rodrigo

Hello TRT I know exactly what it means "If you do not buy navigation straight from the factory - your problem". This is what I have felt !
    I agree that they could be more friendly with the costumers, even though we go to the dealer to buy the upgrade and when the dealer can do nothing than you go by yourself or to the third part…
    Your suggestion to get in touch directly with the Ingolstadt support about this matter is fantastic, so I will try to reach them!
    But I must emphasize the fact that my TT has everything from factory (GPS antenna, MMI Touch, and all the harness)!

Good morning, I am deeply sorry for not have seen this post before and for not to have made my doubt clear enough (maybe because it make a long time since I do not write in other language, forgive me).

My 2015 TT came out from factory with navigation preparation (PR 7UH) that includes in my case virtual cockpit, oem GPS antenna on the roof, MMI touch, SDS and all the wiring.

As I wanted to activate the navigation so I took the car to my local dealer and was told that "as my TT has a sd-card based 5F unit, not HDD as the PR 7UG TTs, my car could only navegate in Germany" and they send me back home...

Because of that I decided to make it happen by my own.

So, I did some research and was able to recode the 5F unit and virtual cockpit.

The navigation was released but the maps shown were from Germany, and it worked for about one minute and has blocked, displaying a message that the navigation is not availible.

Then, as a B plan, I bought another 5F unit from a wrecked 2015 TT with 7UG PR (with the HDD) and installed it on my car (plug and play, all the conections are the same).

As expected, the component protection was activated the moment I turned the new 5F on and the sound from FM and other medias were into 'mute'.

But, the navigation function worked 100% fine, perfect, with SDS!!

So, I went back to the dealer to release the component protection, what was sucessfull, all worked "almost fine" not all fine as I wrote before, because the navigation began to be blocked about the same one minute after working.

And the car asks for activation...

A friend that worked on Audi plant told me that this message from the blocking navigation is due a needed software update to "change" my PR 7UH to 7UG. (here your tip about an upgrade for the virtual cockpit can do good!)

So, that is the problem and there is no way to buy any sd-card or DVD to update or activate the navigation from Audi here, maybe in the future. All the sofwares here are availible for other models with past generation MMIs (MIB I).

As the main problem seems to be software related, that is why I stared asking friends to point me the direction to the update media for the TT.

Thanks a lot for the time and patience!

I doing this for the fun of it! And the best is that I am actually learning something on the way!

And whatever I could do to add in the forum knowledgement - if it is possible - you can count on me.

Best regars!